Dental Braces and Aesthetics
Orthodontics is a branch of expertise in dentistry, which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of the harmonization of lower-upper jaws and of uneven teeth.
- Orthodontic problems may stem from the following causes:
- Genetic factors,
- Congenital anomalies,
- False respiration,
- Thumb sucking and long-term use of nipples,
- Early loss of milk teeth due to tooth decay,
- Teeth grinding (Bruxism),
- Traumas caused by falls or impact
The use of braces eliminates the problem of unevenness in teeth. Using braces, it possible to put uneven, crooked and irregular teeth back in order.
Types of Dental Braces
- Metal Brackets: Metal Brackets, which are currently the most common and most durable dental brace type, are placed in inner or outer section of the patient’s teeth based on the patient’s mouth structure or the type of the problem in teeth. The duration, in which dental braces remain stable on the teeth, vary based on the severity of the impairment in the teeth.
- Porcelain Transparent Brackets: As they are aesthetically more elegant and transparent, they are frequently preferred by patients who attach importance to aesthetics. Naturally, at this point, the severity of the problem is quite important for preferences. A tray is placed in order to prevent any deformation in the palate while fixing the teeth for the use of Porcelain Transparent Brackets.
- Lingual Brackets: This is the most suitable type of Dental Brace for patients with inward dental structure. Moreover, it is one of the dental brace types preferred by adult patients the most. The adaptation period is a little bit longer than metal dental braces.
- Transparent Trays: They are used in patients with small amounts of unevenness or crookedness problems. They can be removed and placed back in during the day and have a longer period of use.
It will take a little time to get used to them after starting to use dental braces. However, the level of discomfort felt by the patient will diminish as days go by. It is quite natural to feel pain as dental braces shape the teeth in the periods following the initial use. It is possible to overcome this pain with ease.
If you would like to use dental braces for your uneven or crooked teeth, you can rest assured that we will offer you the most affordable prices on this matter. Our experienced dentists and affordable prices make us the best option for you. Feel free to contact us 7 days a week.